The Institute Executive Board is a non-statutory committee of the Institute. The role of the Institute Executive Board is to assist the President in the management of the Institute and in formulating Institute strategy and policy for approval by the Governing Body.
The composition of the Institute Executive Board is as follows:
- Dr Brendan J. Murphy, President
- Ms Orla Flynn, Vice President for External Affairs
- Mr Paul Gallagher, Vice President for Finance & Administration
- Mr Tadhg Leane, Head of Strategic Development
- Mr Michael Loftus, Head of Faculty of Engineering & Science
- Dr Barry O’Connor, Registrar & Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Mr Gerard O’Donovan, Head of Faculty of Business & Humanities
The Institute Executive Board meet on a monthly basis and at such other times deemed to be necessary. It is chaired by the President or by the President’s nominee from within the Board. A recording secretary is present at all meetings to record details of the meetings. Action lists from the meetings are circulated to the Governing Body and are available to staff on the staff intranet (Gateway).