When is Induction & Registration scheduled for 1st Year full-time classes?
- Registration and induction for most 1st year full-time programmes takes place in Bishopstown from 5th - 9th September 2016. Students going to CCAD, CSM and NMCI register the previous week (1st Sept. in CCAD and Cork School of Music; 2nd September in NMCI). The timetable for September 2016 registration is available here. Check again at the end of August in case it is updated. Registration packs will be posted on 1st September. Students attending CCAD, CSM and NMCI will have their packs posted 25th August as they are registering earlier. Click here for an Information Sheet for Year 1 Full-time students.
What are the requirements for new Non-Eu students on Full-time courses?
- New Non-Eu students on full-time courses are also required to present original qualifications, and i) passport, ii) CIT study visa or GNIB card (if relevant).
- If applying for Eu fees status, print off the attached application form and complete it before coming to Registration. Along with a valid GNIB card, it is necessary to provide official documentary evidence of residency in the Eu / EEA for 3 out of the previous 5 years to 1st Sept (minimum 36 months). Examples of acceptable documentary evidence : a letter from your school, your college, or your work, with exact dates (from and to). Anyone presenting a non-Eu passport or birth certificate, but who also has an Eu passport, should bring in the latter to Registration in order to ensure the correct fees are applied.
Were you born in a non-Eu country, but you also have an Eu passport?
- If you have an Eu passport, make sure you bring it to Registration to ensure the correct fees are applied.
When do 1st Year full-time courses commence?
- Full-time 1st year undergraduate programmes commence at 9am Monday 12th September 2016, unless otherwise advised by their Departments (eg CSM students start 5th September).
I have applied for a Post-Year 1 full-time programme. When and how do I register?
- Registration information is issued by post to all applicants offered a place on add-on programmes. Those who can come to CIT Bishopstown at 2.30pm Thursday 8th September can get their ID cards then, and will be given a brief induction. Alternatively from 9th September the ID card office will be open each day until 7pm for the first few weeks. Click here for an Information Sheet for Post Year 1 students on Full-time courses.
When do post-1st Year full-time undergraduate courses commence?
- The scheduled start-up date for these programmes is 9am 12th September 2016, unless otherwise advised by their Departments.
I am a full-time undergraduate student in CIT, how do I re-register for the following year of my course?
- Following publication of the summer examination results, qualified students will be automatically pre-registered for the subsequent academic year. Qualified students with stream choice , were posted a tailored Registration Form in early August, which should be completed and returned to the Admissions Office by the deadline date. Those students who successfully complete an Award in June were sent Registration forms in early August for relevant add-on programmes (apart from some programmes where an application form must be completed - check with your deparment).
I am a full-time undergraduate student in CIT, doing Work Placement during the summer, or doing some Repeat exams in August - how do I re-register for the following year of my course?
- Following publication of the Autumn Examination results, qualified students will be automatically pre-registered for the subsequent academic year. Qualified students with stream choices, or at Award level, are issued with a Registration Form which should be completed and returned to the Admissions Office by the deadline date. These forms are sent out in September after the Exam Board Meetings. For further queries, contact your own Department - click here for contact details.
DEFERRING A PLACE ON A COURSE
I have been offered a place via the CAO - how do I defer my course for a year?
- 1st year undergraduate applicants who have been offered a place via the CAO must follow the deferral procedures outlined in the CAO Handbook. Contact CIT Admissions with your request without delay by emailing email@example.com. Give your reason for requesting a deferral.
I am already attending classes in CIT, how do I apply for a deferral of my classes for a year?
- To apply for a deferral a Programme or Module Deferral Form must be completed and returned to the CIT Admissions office by 31st October 2016.
If you need to explore your options further please contact the Careers Service on 021-4335772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WITHDRAWING FROM A COURSE
I would like to withdraw from my course. How do I apply to withdraw?
- Students who wish to withdraw need to complete a Course Withdrawal Form which is also available from the Admissions Office. The date upon which you withdraw affects whether or not you are entitled to a partial refund of fees (note: 31st October and 28th February are particularly important dates). There may also be implications for the charges if you choose to return to third level education in the future. Please contact the Accounts department with any queries, tel: 021 4335440, or email email@example.com.