share this page

Withdrawing / Deferring from Course


I have been offered a place via the CAO - how do I defer my course for a year?


  • 1st year undergraduate applicants who have been offered a place via the CAO must follow the deferral procedures outlined in the CAO Handbook. Contact CIT Admissions with your request without delay by emailing Give your reason for requesting a deferral.

I am already attending classes in CIT, how do I apply for a deferral of my classes for a year?

  • You are advised to contact the Careers  Office, telephone: 4335772, email:, and follow the advice given there.


To apply for a deferral for 2017/2018 Academic Year, a Deferral Application Form must be completed and returned to the CIT Admissions office by 31st October 2017, or 28th Feb. 2018 for deferring Sem 2.



I would like to withdraw from my course.  How do I apply to withdraw?

  • Have you discussed your withdrawal from this programme with the Head of your Department, a Lecturer,  the Course Coordinator, Careers Service, AnSEO - The Student Engagement Office or other CIT Staff?  Withdrawing is an important decision and may affect your fee status and future plans. It is strongly recommended that you discuss your decision to leave with your Head of Department and/or other CIT staff.
  • Students who wish to withdraw need to complete an online Course Withdrawal Form . The date upon which you withdraw affects whether or not you are entitled to a partial refund of fees (note: 31st October and 28th February are a particularly important dates for Full-time students). There may also be implications for fees if you choose to return to third level education in the future.
  • If you have any queries or issues wiht submitting the online Withdrawal Form/Survey, please email Admissions  or call us at (021) 4335040.
  •  If you have any fee related queries, please email or call (021) 4335440.   Please refer to fees/info/withdrawing for further information.