- Students undertake an industrial placement at the end of third year. This extends through the first semester of final year, with total potential duration of eight months. The placement is credited as Module PLAC8009 and students undertake their final year project, Module CHEP8028 Engineering Research Project, in industry. Together these involve extensive exposure of modern industrial practice to a student. They match with the current emphasis on obtaining workplace experience before graduation.
- PM Group supports the teaching of the final year design project modules, CHEP8029 Chemical Engineering Design (Group) and CHEP8030 Chemical Engineering Detailed Design. PM Group was established in 1973 and has grown to become one of the most respected engineering design, architecture, project and construction management firms in the world.
- We also have guest lectures from industrialists and arrange plant visits.
- Most of our staff have industrial experience and maintain close links.
- We have conducted many research Masters projects where the post-graduate student is hosted by a company and the research work is undertaken in the company, on a topic relevant to the business.
In combination, these ensure that the student's education is informed by the best of current practice, and support Irish industrial development by bringing the academic expertise of CIT staff into contact with industry, to enhance the research, development and problem-solving capability of business.
This page was last updated on 16 Sept 2016.