Arts in Group Facilitation (Certificate)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
31st December 2017
The Arts in Group Facilitation Certificate trains participants to facilitate workshops in a broader community context, working through the arts to empower group members. There is a strong emphasis on the value of diversity and the breadth of experience held within a group-learning environment.
Arts in Health & Community Practice
It is run one weekend a month for ten weekends (Thursday to Saturday, or Friday to Saturday from 10.00am – 5.00pm.) There are six three day months.
Course fee: €1,400.
This 10 credit Level 8 course is a community arts training programme, involving training in visual arts, drama and movement, group facilitation skills and disability equality. It explores the potential of creativity in a group setting, within the context of disability equality and self-advocacy training. The course aims to facilitate the participation of people with and without disabilities who have an interest and commitment to the development of their creativity and group skills.
This course would suit:
- Graduates who want to work in a health or social context
- Educators in both formal and informal learning sector looking for fresh ways to inspire learners
- Social workers/community workers looking for arts based approaches to group work
Delivery & Duration
This academic year, the course will run for seven 3-day blocks from January to June (Thursday to Saturday, 10.00am - 5.00pm).
|11 - 13 January 2018||1 - 3 February 2018|
|1 - 3 March 2018||12 - 14 April 2018|
|10 - 12 May 2018||24 - 26 May 2018|
|21 - 23 June 2018|
For further details please see www.artincontext.eu
Entry to this course is by interview.
- Location: CIT Crawford College of Art & Design, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork.
- Online application is open for course commencing January 2018.
- Course fee is €1,400 (payable in two installments) Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €700 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- NB ► Please upload the following supporting documentation here with your application (relevant experience & reason for applying to this course).
- Please note: Entry to this course is by interview.