Arts in Group Facilitation (Certificate)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Thursday 31st August 2017
The Arts in Group Facilitation Certificate trains participants to facilitate workshops in a broader community context, working through the arts to empower group members. There is a strong emphasis on the value of diversity and the breadth of experience held within a group-learning environment.
Arts in Health & Community Practice
It is run one weekend a month for ten weekends (Thursday to Saturday, or Friday to Saturday from 10.00am – 5.00pm.) There are six three day months.
Course fee: €1,400.
This 10 credit Level 8 course is a community arts training programme, involving training in visual arts, drama and movement, group facilitation skills and disability equality. It explores the potential of creativity in a group setting, within the context of disability equality and self-advocacy training. The course aims to facilitate the participation of people with and without disabilities who have an interest and commitment to the development of their creativity and group skills.
This course would suit:
- Graduates who want to work in a health or social context
- Educators in both formal and informal learning sector looking for fresh ways to inspire learners
- Social workers/community workers looking for arts based approaches to group work
Delivery & Duration
It is run one weekend a month for ten weekends from September to June, (Thursday or Friday, and Saturday, 10.30am - 3.30pm) including six three day weekends. There will be a total of 26 training days. Participants will also carry out approximately 10 hours of work practice in their own time.
For further details please see www.artincontext.eu
Entry to this course is by interview.
- Location: CIT Crawford College of Art & Design, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork.
- Online application is open for course commencing 1st October 2017.
- Course fee is €1,400 (payable in two installments) Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €700 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- NB ► Please upload the following supporting documentation here with your application (relevant experience & reason for applying to this course).
- Please note: Entry to this course is by interview.