CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
7th September 2018 / 1st February 2019
Graduate with the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting • Study one subject at a time in blocks of approx. 6-8 weeks • Successfully complete the relevant examination at the end of each block
Organisation and Professional Development
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2018-2019 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Registration fees for professional bodies etc. are payable separately to these institutions. Students will be notified of their fees by e-mail to their CIT e-mail account and in all cases, course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
An Information/Registration session will take place on Tuesday 4th September 2018 from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance
Department of Organisation & Professional Development, School of Business
Study one subject at a time in blocks of approx. 6-8 weeks.
Successfully complete the relevant examination at the end of each block
Course Fee €1,500 (includes recommended CIMA textbooks), plus €300 payable for CIMA examinations.
The Certificate in Business Accounting is CIMA’s entry level
It can be seen as a knowledge refresher course or a foundation to a career in business and finance. The Certificate in Business Accounting forms the basis of the CIMA Professional Qualification and is a valuable qualification on its own.
- To register with CIMA, visit www.cimaglobal.com/irelandregister
- To find out more about steps to join CIMA (entry routes, exemptions, study options, etc.) check out www.cimaglobal.com/findoutmore
Complete one subject at a time:
- Fundamentals of Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance & Business Law
- Wednesday evenings x 4 (6pm - 8pm) and
- Saturday mornings x 2 (9am - 1pm)
Candidates who successfully complete the Certificate in Business Accounting may continue their path to the full CIMA professional qualification.
Graduate with the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
- Study one subject per month for four months
- Successfully complete the relevant examination at the end of each month
Candidates are eligible for the award of CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting having successfully completed all four examinations.
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants CIMA
What We Offer
Cork Institute of Technology offers all subjects for CIMA’s Certificate in Business Accounting Course.
Teaching and Learning Support
- Each student is provided with the most up-to-date books and study text which cover all of the key concepts.
- Lecturers also provide supplementary material to help you prepare for the exams.
- All courses are designed with one thing in mind, the CIMA exams and ensuring students success, and are delivered by professionally qualified staff who have both teaching and business experience.
- Lecturers focus on explaining the key principles and fundamental issues contained in the syllabus of each of the subjects as prescribed by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) in a straightforward way.
- All lectures are examination-oriented. Each class includes consideration of the key concepts and practical advice.
CIT is a purpose built teaching and learning facility. The college is equipped with wireless internet networking, study rooms, a library and canteen facilities. It is located on the western suburbs of Cork City and is well serviced by public transport. It also has substantial car parking facilities for those wishing to drive to the college.
Subjects BA1 to BA4 are taught one subject in succession with the computer based assessment at the end of each block. Candidates are eligible for the award of CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting having successfully completed all four examinations.
|BA1||Fundamentals of Business Economics|
|BA2||Fundamentals of Management Accounting|
|BA3||Fundamentals of Financial Accounting|
|BA4||Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance & Business Law|
- Online Application is now open.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €500 (full course fee) if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
Course commencing 10th September 2018
Course commencing 1st February 2019