Digital Marketing Strategy (MSc - Masters Degree)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Applications for the September course will open in May 2018
- Candidates ideally should have attained at least a H2.2 degree in a cognate area (an area related to business, media or visual communications).
- Degree-holders from non-cognate areas will be considered provided that these candidates can demonstrate significant relevant industrial experience.
- An interview of admission will be held for holders of non-cognate degrees.
The Masters in Digital Marketing Strategy is a part-time, two year Level 9 course (90 ECTS) aimed at those working in traditional and digital marketing or those aspiring towards a senior position that require a solid foundation in multiple aspects of digital marketing. The course will be delivered from CIT’s Bishopstown campus during Saturdays and weekday evenings, or online. All assessment is by project work, reports and similar mechanisms; there are no final terminal exams.
Management and Marketing
|All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2017-2018 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
EU Applicants: €7,500 payable over 2 years
Non-EU Applicants: please contact the course coordinator
Union of Students in Ireland (USI) Levy
The USI membership levy of €7.00 has been introduced as a result of a referendum where students opted to affiliate to the national Students’ Union. This levy must be paid before the start of Semester 1.
Digital Marketing allows companies to connect with and understand their customers in the newest and most exciting of ways. It can be thought of as a set of strategies and tools that, due to their reach and measurability, offers a vibrant complement to traditional marketing. Over the last few years, more and more companies have shifted their Marketing budgets towards Digital Marketing. With this trend set to continue, and an ever-widening set of tools available, CIT has launched an innovative Masters in Digital Marketing Strategy programme. CIT has developed a strong track record in providing short Digital Marketing programmes over the last few years and has found the level of expertise and insight developed through such programmes to be unparalleled.
The programme takes place over 4 semesters and includes the flexibility required by those with busy lifestyles. The first semester involves 4 mandatory modules (that comprises the Certificate in Digital Marketing). This semester gives students an excellent grounding in the essential skills and knowledge of Digital Marketing.
It is possible to exit with this award at that point but the majority tends to complete the full masters programme where participants benefit from a further two semesters on-campus, followed by a 6-month project (often completed in the participant’s workplace). This project is guided by CIT academics but has a very strong practical focus.
The programme allows each student to choose the combination of elective modules that suits them while the innovative professional development module offers some learning flexibility in the earlier stages of the programme.
- Stage 1/ Semester 1: 4 Saturdays and 15 Tuesday evenings (those that have completed the Certificate in Digital Marketing have completed Semester 1 already)
- Stage 1/Semester 2: 6 Saturdays and 15 Wednesday evenings
- Stage 2/Semester 1: 6 Saturdays and 15 Wednesday evenings
- Stage 2/Semester 2: Independent Research activity with supervision support from CIT.
For detailed module information, please click here
|1 (SPA)||Digital Marketing Environment||8||Mandatory||5|
|1 (SPA)||Digital Advertising and Social Media||8||Mandatory||5|
|1 (SPA)||Strategy for Digital Marketing||8||Mandatory||5|
|1 (SPA)||Website Optimisation and Analytics||8||Mandatory||5|
|2||Digital Strategy Development||9||Mandatory||5|
|2||Digital Advertising & Analytics||9||Mandatory||5|
|2||The Digital Consumer||9||Elective||5|
|2||Goal-Driven Sites & E-commerce||9||Elective||5|
|3||Integrated Strategy & Planning||9||Mandatory||5|
|3||SEOd & Analytics||9||Mandatory||5|
|3||Digital Brand Development||9||
|3||Lead Generation & Sales||9||
|3||Action Research Methods||9||Mandatory||5|
|4||Applied Digital Marketing Project||9||Mandatory||5|
- Applications for the September course will open in May 2018
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €550 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application