Digital Marketing (Certificate 20 Credits)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
LEVEL 8 Special Purpose Award
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Applications for the September course will open in May 2018
4 full Saturdays and 15 Tuesday evenings over a 15 week period.
Level 7 or Level 8 degree or relevant experience in an industry role. Candidates may be required to undertake an interview at CIT before admission to the course.
Marketing and International Business
Location: CIT Bishopstown Campus. Participants will attend classes for 4 full Saturdays and 15 Tuesday evenings over a 15 week period. Course fee is €1,500.
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2017-2018 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course Fee: €1,500
Course commences on 30th January 2018.
This short programme consists of four modules (5 credits each) which will run over one semester.
The Certificate in Digital Marketing is a 15 week part-time programme entailing lab work, seminars and live-case work that is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and confidence required to successfully market business in a digital environment. The programme uses an innovative blend of real-world situations and problems to assist participants in exploring the opportunities of the digital environment. The industry focus of the programme coupled with the applied nature of teaching provides a practical bedrock of knowledge and experience which can be used to immediate effect in a multitude of business contexts. Participants will explore various social media platforms, website technologies (including mobile), analysis tools and much more in developing a toolbox of skills that is valuable and readily usable in a B2C and B2B environment.
The programme is structured to ensure that participant’s time is used wisely and entails a wide variety of speakers drawn from the business world. An innovative blend of lectures, seminars, workshops and labs is used to ensure that the programme is relevant, engaging and enjoyable.
The programme has been developed to ensure that participants are developing sustainable skills and knowledge that underpin digital marketing. Specifically, the programme aims:
- To develop knowledge of digital marketing tools and technologies in the context of the strategic direction of a business.
- To integrate traditional marketing principles into marketing activity in online and mobile environments.
- To apply practical skills to web design to ensure optimised web/mobile platforms using SEO and content management strategies.
Detailed module information is available here
- Digital Marketing Environment – This module explores the current marketing landscape with emphasis on the challenges posed by the digital context in which many businesses are now operating. This module is delivered using workshops and seminars.
- Digital Advertising and Social Media – This practical lab based module will enable students to formulate an integrated digital marketing communications campaign. Students will also learn how to leverage a company's presence on social media platforms to generate more connections and build relationships with customers.
- Website Optimisation and Analytics – Many businesses are using inefficient and outdated websites that perform poorly in terms of search engine optimisation. This module will focus on the development of websites using existing technologies such as Wordpress and similar content management systems. Participants will explore how to integrate add-ons such as PayPal and social media content with a view to optimising the website from a usability search engine optimisation perspective.
- Applied Digital Marketing Strategy – This module acts as a capstone on the certificate and draws together learning from the above areas with a particular focus on developing a strategic context for content, technology and alternative platforms.
- Applications for the September course will open in May 2018
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €400 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee
- Please attach and upload your CV and a Transcript from a level 8 honours degree. Your application cannot be processed without these items.
- Candidates may be required to undertake an interview at CIT before admission to the course.