Master of Business Administration MBA (Strategy)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
9th September 2019
Applicants who have a minimum of an Honours Bachelor of Business or cognate degree (Level 8) or cognate discipline (H2.2) or an approved equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for entry to the programme.
Places are limited. Applications are assessed on a first come, first served basis.
Classes are delivered Wednesdays 6-10pm and Fridays 3-8pm
The MBA programme will allow you to develop your interpersonal, conceptual and decision-making skills which will give you enhanced management and leadership ability, confidence and critical self-awareness. The MBA will give you the required skills and abilities to assist you in navigating your chosen career path. Your organisation will benefit from your improved knowledge, skillset and confidence which will bring added value for your employer.
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2018-2019 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Registration fees for professional bodies etc. are payable separately to these institutions. Students will be notified of their fees by e-mail to their CIT e-mail account and in all cases, course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Course Start date: 9th September 2019
Location: CIT Bishopstown Campus
Classes are delivered Wednesdays 6 - 10pm and Fridays 3 - 8pm
Course Fee: €12,500
Duration: Two Years Part-Time
The aim of the MBA in Strategy is to enable learners to develop their leadership and strategic management skills, thus raising their individual performance and assisting their organisations achieve success.
The MBA enables the learner, as a professional, to review their leadership and management style and identify how they can improve upon same to increase their eectiveness at a senior level in the workplace. The programme allows learners to develop an appreciation of the interconnectedness of all aspects of the organisation, and an appreciation of the role each function must play in delivering on organisational goals.
For most learners, moving to a strategic role in their organisation requires an understanding of functions outside of their existing professional competence together with an expert command of the strategic management.
How will I benefit?
- Individual professional and personal development.
- The MBA programme will allow you to develop your interpersonal, conceptual and decision making skills which will give you enhanced management and leadership ability, confidence and critical self-awareness.
- The MBA will give you the required skills and abilities to assist you in navigating your chosen career path.
- Your organisation will benefit from you acquiring new skills and confidence and will bring an added value to your workplace and colleagues.
- Two Year part-time (4 Semesters)
- Each Semester is of 15 weeks duration
- Presentation of MBA programme consists of Lectures, Tutorials, Live Case Studies, Visiting Lecturers, International Study Trip, Consultancy Projects, etc.
- MBA Commences Wed 11th September 2019 at 6.00pm sharp.
- Classes are delivered Wednesdays 6-10pm and Fridays 3-8pm
Key Skills from the MBA
- Communication, Written & Oral
- Presentation Skills
- Adaptability to Change/Continuous Professional Development/Lifelong Learning
- Global Outlook
- Analytical Skills/Diagnostic/Problem Solving, Observation
- Decision Making
- Networking/Partnerships/Collaboration, Building Reputation
- Research Methods
- Planning & Organisational Skills
- Critical & Analytical Thinking, Business/Strategic Thinking, Curious Mindset
- Ability to Leverage Technology/Data Driven
- Project Implementation
Modules are delivered Wednesdays 6-10pm and Fridays from 3-8pm
- Research Methods
- Exploring Corporate Strategy
- Applied Business Finance
- Leadership & Organisational Behaviour
- Economics of Global Markets
- Global Business Strategy
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing
- IT & Analytics for Business
- International Business Trip (Mandatory)
– Choose ONE Elective
- Operations Strategy (Elective)
- Innovation & Creativity (Elective)
- Organisational Change Management (Elective)
- Strategic Corporate Finance (Elective)
- Services Marketing Management (Elective)
- Research Dissertation
CIT Masters Student Graduates:
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €500 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.