Master of Business Administration MBA (Strategy)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
10th September 2018
Applicants who have a minimum of an Honours Bachelor of Business or cognate degree (Level 8) or cognate discipline (H2.2) or an approved equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for entry to the programme.
Places are limited. Applications are assessed on a first come, first served basis.
The MBA programme will allow you to develop your interpersonal, conceptual and decision-making skills which will give you enhanced management and leadership ability, confidence and critical self-awareness. The MBA will give you the required skills and abilities to assist you in navigating your chosen career path. Your organisation will benefit from your improved knowledge, skillset and confidence which will bring added value for your employer.
The aim of the MBA in Strategy is to enable learners to develop their leadership and strategic management skills, thus raising their individual performance and assisting their organisations achieve success.
The MBA enables the learner, as a professional, to review their leadership and management style and identify how they can improve upon same to increase their eectiveness at a senior level in the workplace. The programme allows learners to develop an appreciation of the interconnectedness of all aspects of the organisation, and an appreciation of the role each function must play in delivering on organisational goals.
For most learners, moving to a strategic role in their organisation requires an understanding of functions outside of their existing professional competence together with an expert command of the strategic management.
How will I benefit?
- Individual professional and personal development.
- The MBA programme will allow you to develop your interpersonal, conceptual and decision making skills which will give you enhanced management and leadership ability, confidence and critical self-awareness.
- The MBA will give you the required skills and abilities to assist you in navigating your chosen career path.
- Your organisation will benefit from you acquiring new skills and confidence and will bring an added value to your workplace and colleagues.
- Two Year part-time (4 Semesters)
- Each Semester is of 15 weeks duration
- Presentation of MBA programme consists of Lectures, Tutorials, Live Case Studies, Visiting Lecturers, International Study Trip, Consultancy Projects, etc.
- MBA Commences Wed 12th September 2018 at 6.00pm in T103, Tourism Building
Key Skills from the MBA
- Communication, Written & Oral
- Presentation Skills
- Adaptability to Change/Continuous Professional Development/Lifelong Learning
- Global Outlook
- Analytical Skills/Diagnostic/Problem Solving, Observation
- Decision Making
- Networking/Partnerships/Collaboration, Building Reputation
- Research Methods
- Planning & Organisational Skills
- Critical & Analytical Thinking, Business/Strategic Thinking, Curious Mindset
- Ability to Leverage Technology/Data Driven
- Project Implementation
- Research Methods
- Exploring Corporate Strategy
- Applied Business Finance
- Leadership & Organisational Behaviour
- Economics of Global Markets
- Global Business Strategy
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing
- IT & Analytics for Business
- International Business Trip (Mandatory)
– Choose ONE Elective
- Operations Strategy (Elective)
- Innovation & Creativity (Elective)
- Organisational Change Management (Elective)
- Strategic Corporate Finance (Elective)
- Services Marketing Management (Elective)
- Research Dissertation
CIT Masters Student Graduates:
Course Start date: 10th September 2018
- Course Fee: €12,500
- Credits: 90
- Duration: Two Years Part-Time
Further details, queries, questions etc please contact
John Meyler BSc, MBA.,
Taught MBA Course Coordinator.
T: 021 433 5900
M: 087 235 6937