Advanced Mechatronics Part 2 (5 ECTs)
CR_EAMEC_8 - Y1B
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
4th January 2019
Candidates must have successfully completed the CIT Level 7 Mechatronics Module or equivalent and some relevant work experience working in in the area of Mechatronics.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2018-2019 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fee must be paid before attending lectures.
Course fee: €980* (Includes course notes and exam fees)
Note: Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis.
* Discounts available for groups of two or more.
One evening per week for 12 weeks In Semester 1
5 ECTS credits at Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications, awarded by Cork Institute of Technology
- Industrial Networking
Programme PLCs to control Servo Drives, Vision systems & Robotic interaction with mechatronic systems across CAN Open, ProfiBus, ProfiNet and Ethernet.
- Integration of PLCs and Servo Drive systems
Programme Servo Drive Controllers to communicate with a PLC in a discrete manner. Programme the PLC to give positional control data to the Servo Drive controller.
- Vision systems
Programme Vision Systems to determine location, shape and orientation of objects. Programme PLCs and Robotic systems to use the information from the vision system.
- Soft Motion Control
Introduce Soft Motion Control for the control of Servo Drive positioning, demonstrating the use of CNC code embedded within a PLC function block.
- Course Start Date: 4th February 2019
- Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. Once the course is full, online applications will closed for the course. Late applications may be considered should any places become available.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.