Building Energy Efficient Practices (Certificate)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Special Purpose Award
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications or individuals in the construction industry with the appropriate experience
Centre of Craft Studies
|All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2017-2018 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
An Information/Registration session will take place on Wednesday 6th September from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance.
€650 (incl. exam fee)
One night per week for one semester.
The course will consist of two modules:
- Renewable Heating Technology CRAF7007
- Sustainable Building Principles
This programme aims to provide participants with an understanding of the construction principles used in energy efficient buildings and the technologies available for modern energy efficient heating systems. The programme will have a high practical content with candidates exposed to modern technology and construction techniques.
At the end of the programme candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A knowledge of the terminology used in building energy efficient practices
- A knowledge of building fabric and air tightness
- An understanding of thermal bridging
- An understanding of ventilation and condensation
- The application of technical knowledge and skills to work confidently with modern renewable heating systems and controls
Special Purpose Award (10 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications)