Lean Sigma Practitioner - Yellow Belt
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Candidates must have a total of 4 years of combined industrial experience, Lean experience, and academic study.
Lean Sigma is a very successful methodology for Service Design and Operational Productivity Improvement. Lean Sigma is based on the elimination of waste and the reduction of variability in processing through engagement and respect for all staff. The Lean Sigma Yellow Belt course introduces the methods and tools for interpretation of customer requirements for service design and operations in all industry sectors. These include Public Service, Healthcare, Biopharma, Insurance, Hospitality, Charities, Software, Call Centre Service, and Manufacturing.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2018-2019 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
Course Fee: €995* includes course notes and exam fee.
* Discounts available for groups of three or more.
Note: Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis.
Five days over three months.
A certified Lean Sigma Yellow Belt is a professional who will be capable of applying Lean and basic Six Sigma principles and tools as part of a team to drive improvements and show measurable results. The programme consists of assessment of theory by examination, as well as assessment of practice by portfolio. The portfolio is based on the achievement of class project assignments by candidates. The course draws on both the basic problem solving tools and waste identification in processes.
- Introduction to Lean principles
- Lean Sigma Concepts
- Improve service processes
- Understand Voice of the customer
- DMAIC Methodology
- Continuous Improvement Tools
- Tools for eliminating waste
- In class project work
Single Module Award
5 ECTS Credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications, awarded by Cork Institute of Technology.
- Online application is open.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.
Lean Sigma Practitioner Yellow Belt - Cork 1
- Course Start Date: 8th October 2018
- Closing Date: 9th October 2018
Lean Sigma Practitioner Yellow Belt - Dublin 1
- Course Start Date: 11th October 2018
- Closing Date: 12th October 2018
Lean Sigma Practitioner Yellow Belt - Dublin 2
- Course Start Date: 17th January 2019
- Closing Date: 18th January 2019
Lean Sigma Practitioner Yellow Belt - Cork 2
- Course Start Date: 28th January 2019
- Closing Date: 29th January 2019
Lean Sigma Practitioner Yellow Belt - Cork 3
- Course Start Date: 2nd April 2019
- Closing Date: 3rd April 2019