Maintenance Technology Fundamentals (Certificate)
Field of Study
Electrical Engineering,Mechanical Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Leaving Certificate is desirable but not essential. Relevant work experience, skills gained through experiential learning and other qualifications, will be considered when assessing applications for the programme.
This programme in ‘Maintenance Technology Fundamentals’ aims to provide participants with an understanding of mechanical and electrical plant along with various control systems including electronic and pneumatic systems including programmable controllers as they relate to industry. The programme addresses fault finding, isolation and repair techniques along with routine maintenance of the various components in production systems.
Centre of Craft Studies
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2018-2019 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fee must be paid before attending lectures.
Level 6 Special Purpose Award | ECTS/ACCS Credits: 20 | 2 Semesters
Course Fee: €3,300 (€825 per module)
Discount: Available for Skillnet companies
Delivery: 2 semesters of 13 weeks, 2 modules per semester
At the end of the programme, delegates should be able to demonstrate:
- A knowledge of the technology and practice relating to production processes
- The ability to fault find, isolate and repair equipment in the production industry
- The application of technical knowledge and skills to fault find and repair process equipment and systems
- The knowledge and skills relevant to the problem solving of systems and system components in a production, process and industrial environment
- The ability to identify and solve common mechanical, electrical and control malfunctions
Electrical Power Systems
20 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications, awarded by Cork Institute of Technology,
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.