Science of Biotechnological Manufacturing Operations
Field of Study
Good Manufacturing Practice
Type of Course:
Special Purpose Award
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
18th September 2016
Applications are welcome from persons over 23 years of age by 1 January of year of entry.
Applicants under the age of 23 must have obtained at least 5 passes at Ordinary Grade D3 in the Irish Leaving Certificate Examinations to include English and Mathematics. Alternative Maths does not qualify applicants on this basis. Other examinations/qualifications taken such as GCE/GCSE, trade/craft exams are considered.
- Special Purpose Award certificate courses (Level 6) are industry relevant short courses
A nationally accredited education programme designed to meet the education and training needs of people in the areas of Production, Quality Assurance and Validation in the Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, and Food industries.
Process, Energy and Transport Engineering
€450 per 5 credit module, total cost of Special Purpose Award certificate is €900 (2 modules).
One evening a week per module over 13 weeks in semester 1 and 2 (one academic year).
Course is designed for existing employees or potential new recruits in the Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Devices, and Food industries who would like an accredited qualification and includes:
Certificate in Biotechnological Manufacturing Operations: Chemical Principles (semester 1) and Introduction to Industrial Biotech (semester 2).
See modules for more details.
Certificate in Biotechnological Manufacturing Operations:
This award is to introduce the participants to basic concepts of chemistry such as structures, bonding and their relationship to chemical properties. The industrial biotechnology content includes environmental biotechnology, biopharmaceutical engineering, bioreactor design and bioprocess design considerations.
Credits and Certificates are awarded for each subject passed, allowing participants to select accredited modules appropriate to skill need and/or gather credits towards the award of Higher Certificate.
Students completing these Special Purpose Awards have the opportunity to proceed towards a Higher Certificate in Good Manufacturing Practice & Technology (Level 6).
Please contact Elaine McCarthy T: 021 4335150 or by email email@example.com for more details.
Note: All classes 6pm - 9pm The running of individual modules will be dependent on a sufficient number of students enrolling on the course. The module may be withdrawn if this requirement is not fulfilled.
For detailed module information, please click below
Semester 2 February 2017 to June 2017
- Online application is open for courses commencing semester 2 2016/2017 (week beginning the 30th of January 2017).
- Note: The running of individual modules will be dependent on a sufficient number of students enrolling on the course. The module may be withdrawn if this requirement is not fulfilled.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.