Mixology & Cocktail Making
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
one evening per week for 12 weeks
An introduction to the world of cocktails, establishing a practical base in the methods of cocktail preparation and service. This is a hands-on course where the student will gain practical experience in class.
Tourism & Hospitality
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Course fee must be paid before attending lectures.
Course Fee €450
Module Code HOSP6044
- Product knowledge
- History of Cocktails
- The structure of the Cocktail
- Methods of Cocktail making
- Use of equipment
- Production of Traditional and Contemporary Cocktails
- Use of garnishes
- Developing Cocktail and mixed drink menus
- Introduction to Molecular Mixology
The course commences in February and consists of a 3 hour practical class each Tuesday evening from 6.30pm - 9.30pm.
CIT: Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
Please note: Delivery of this course is subject to a sufficient number of applicants.
Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
- Online application will open 1st October 2018
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €450 online if a place on the course is offered.
- Delivery of the February 2019 intake is subject to a sufficient number of applicants.
Online Applications will open October 2018