Food, Photography & Styling
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
26th September 2017
Gain an introduction into the field of food photography and styling to enhance culinary artistic skills. This course operates one evening per week over 12 weeks and consists of 3 hour classes.
Tourism & Hospitality
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2017-2018 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Students will be notified of their fees by email to their CIT email account and in all cases, course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
An Information/Registration session will take place on Tuesday 5th September from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance.
Course fee: €450
Module Code HOSP7007
This course is suitable for those with a knowledge of food and basic camera skills. Students are required to bring their own digital camera to class and will need access to a camera tripod. Students will have access to photoshop, and a photographic studio with a studio lighting session during their studies.
Students will be expected to develop their projects outside of class-time for analysis and discussion within contact hours. Final assessment is by way of a portfolio of images with accompanying evidence of learning.
- Basic Photographic Techniques of the Trade
- Food Styling and Design Concepts
- Choosing and Treating Ingredients
- Required Tools of the Trade
- Product Presentation
- Advertising, Marketing and the Promotion of Food within a Media Context
- Public Relations and writing styles for PR
This course operates one evening per week over 12 weeks and consists of 3 hour classes.
CIT: Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
Note: Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
- Online application is open for course commencing September 2017
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an course fee of €450 online if a place on a course is offered.
- Late applications may be considered should any places become available.