Professional Bar Operations
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Tourism & Hospitality
Module Code HOSP6012
Course Fee: €400
Location: CIT Bishopstown Campus
The course commences 12th September 2017 and is operated on one evening per week over the semester and consists of a 3 hour practical class each Tuesday evening from 6.30pm to 9.30pm.
The aim of this course is to give participants an opportunity to increase their knowledge, skills and aptitude and to motivate them into becoming more competent bartenders.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Attributes of the Professional Bartender
- Customer Care
- Basic Bar Legislation
- Service of Beverages: both alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Product Knowledge
- Cellar and Cold Room Equipment
- Cocktails and Wines and Wine Service
- Use of Specialised Equipment e.g. MICROS
- Hygiene and Safety Procedures
- Beer: Types, Service and Sales
Note: Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
- Online application will open on 1st June for course commencing 12th September 2017.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay the course fee of €400 online if a place on a course is offered.