Quality Management - Part 1 (Diploma) part time
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
1st September 2017
Applicants are required to have passed, at least, an introductory course in quality assurance such as CIT’s ‘Certificate in Quality Assurance – Special Purpose Award’ or the ‘City & Guilds Certificate in Quality Assurance’. Graduates of honours science and engineering degree programmes with quality assurance as a component subject would usually be eligible provided they have sufficient appropriate experience. Applications on an “equivalent” basis are considered on an individual basis.
As coursework on this programme involves a significant quantity of both oral and written reports, examinations, and presentations, applicants must be competent in spoken and written English.
Course fee: €700 (payable to CIT)
Exam fee: (Currently €150) payable to the external examining body EIQA
Duration: One evening per week for one academic year, Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, 7pm - 10pm, (usually Tuesday).
Topics covered include
- Setting up a quality system
- The elements of a quality system
- Basic management theory
- Problem solving and quality improvement
- Product and service quality
- Quality costs
- Implementing TQM and documentation control
Setting up a quality system, the elements of a quality system, basic management theory, auditing, problem solving and quality improvement, product and service quality, quality costs, implementing TQM and documentation control. The format of this course is that typical of a management course i.e. it involves discussion and background reading; essay type answers are required in the written examination and the course is partially examined by project work.
Diploma in Quality Management – Part 1.
Excellence Ireland Quality Association (EIQA)
- Online applications will open on 1st May and close on 1st September for entry to September 2017.
- Once an application is approved a €250 fee to accept the place on the course must be paid within 7 days. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application. Applications will not be assessed unless applicants supply details of qualifications and experience.
- Provided applicants are qualified for the course for which they are applying, then a system of first come first served will operate.