Quality Assurance (Certificate) Part-time
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
1st September 2017
Applicants should preferably have a technician level qualification, or work experience in the quality area together with an appropriate educational background. Other applicants will be considered on an individual basis.
Course Fee: €400 per module, i.e. €800 overall (includes registration examination fee)
Duration: One evening per week for one academic year, Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, 7pm - 10pm, (usually Monday). Module 1 is delivered and examined during semester 1, and module 2 is then completed during semester 2.
This is designed as a first course in quality assurance and control. Graduates will have the ability to apply and maintain quality assurance/quality control systems in an industrial environment to support delivery of a quality product or service. The course emphasises everyday practical aspects concerning the use of basic quality techniques in industry, and will be useful both to those who require some basic methodology of quality, and those who hope to progress within the world of quality management.
Certificate in Quality Assurance - Special Purpose Award (Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
Cork Institute of Technology.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Quality Assurance
Module 2: Introduction to Quality Management, Validation, and Statistical Quality Control
|• The function of quality assurance in manufacturing and service
• The role of quality control
• Human aspects of quality
• Regulatory requirements
• Documentation for quality assurance
• Calibration concepts
|• Quality costing methods
• Sampling inspection
• Design and use of quality control charts
• Understanding variability in processes
• Validation: theory, role, and application
• Managing quality assurance systems
- Online applications will open on 1st May and close on 1st September for entry to September 2017.
- Once an application is approved a €250 fee to accept the place on the course must be paid within 7 days. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application. Applications will not be assessed unless applicants supply details of qualifications and experience.
- Provided applicants are qualified for the course for which they are applying, then a system of first come first served will operate.