Event: Optimising Athlete Performance Workshop
Thursday, 27 October 2016
The Dept. of Sport, Leisure & Childhood Studies at CIT, in conjunction with Metrifit (Athlete Monitoring Systems), are delighted to welcome the world renowned applied sports scientist and S&C Coach, Dr. Tim Gabbett, to deliver a cutting edge sports performance workshop, entitled ‘Optimising Athlete Performance’. This event will take place in IT3 on the Bishopstown Campus on Thursday 27th October from 6.30 - 9.30pm.
This interactive workshop will focus on the monitoring of training loads for injury prevention in sport. It is ideally suited for Coaches, Athletes, Physiotherapists, S&C Coaches and Teachers.
Key themes will include:
- The development of a greater understanding of load management in sport
- How to prescribe and monitor athlete training loads for injury prevention and improved athletic performance
- The effects of fatigue on skill development and execution
DR. TIM GABBETT has 20 years’ experience working as an applied sport scientist with athletes and coaches from a wide range of sports. He has worked with elite international athletes over several Commonwealth and Olympic Games. He currently works as a sports science consultant and advisor for several high performance teams around the world, including European Footballs teams and NFL and NBA teams in America. He holds two PhD’s – the second specialising in physical demands, injury prevention and skill acquisition in football. Tim has published over 200 peer-reviewed articles and has presented at over 200 national and international conferences.
- This ‘Optimising Athlete Performance’ Workshop will take place on Thursday 27th October 2016, 6.30pm – 9.30pm, in Room IT3, Cork Institute of Technology (Bishopstown Campus).
- The cost to attend is €50, with a discounted rate of €25 for students (Valid Student ID only).
- To book a place, register using the link below on this page.
- For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com