Sustainable Energy Engineering
THE DEPARTMENT OF PROCESS, ENERGY & TRANSPORT ENGINEERING
Welcome to information related to our sustainable energy engineering activities.
The energy sector is seeing growth in the number of graduate engineers required with knowledge and working experience of energy use, management, and planning. There are also a number of new industries at an early stage of development which will require technical expertise in energy systems and component design, and the “smart” technologies utilised in the effective energy control in buildings and energy networks/microgrids.
Graduates have also gained employment in other engineering industries as Project Managers, Process and Systems Engineers, Design Engineers, Technical Sales, Modelling Engineers, Project Engineers, and Research Engineers.
Job Titles include:
- Energy Management
- Test Engineer
- Installations Engineer
- Technical Support
- Energy Consultant
- Energy Procurement
- Business Development Engineer
- Specifications Design Engineer
The B.Eng. (Hons) in Sustainable Energy Engineering has graduated over 250 engineers since its launch in 2010. Within the Department of Process, Energy and Transportation Engineering the lecturing staff also support the B.Eng. in Building Services Engineering CR072, the B.Eng. Hons Degree in Chemical and Biopharmaceutical Engineering and courses in Good Manufacturing Practice and Technology at degree and certificate level. Our aim is to educate our graduates to be versatile, flexible, and well prepared for the different roles they will fulfil as they move along their chosen career path.
The final year projects undertaken by the students are usually industry based, having been developed during a workplacement period. Others are based in some of the CIT research centres which would include; - Clean Technology Centre, the Zero2020 low energy building project and the NSBET sustainable energy building test bed based in the Nimbus research centre.
- What is energy engineering?Sustainable Energy Engineering involves the understanding and application of the engineering and technological principles of energy conversion and use.
- CoursesCR510 B.Eng. (Hons) in Sustainable Energy Engineering. 4 years full time.
- Careers in Sustainable Energy EngineeringA list of the job titles, employers and place of work of a selection of recent graduates.
- Engineering ExhibitionThe annual engineering exhibition is held every April, and is open from 2-8pm. See CIT news page for details closer to the date. All final year student projects are on display with students in attendance. All welcome. Free admission.
- StaffNames, role and contact details of relevant Departmental Staff, including area of specialism, research and other activities.
- ResearchA list of current areas of postgraduate research, research infrastructure and areas of specialisation in the fields of Building Energy Systems, Building Services Engineering, and Sustainable Energy Engineering Research.
- Learning EnvironmentAn overview of how the course is delivered and some images of the energy laboratories.
- GraduatesPhotographs of each final year group - see if you can find yourself, a friend, or relation.
- International Students
- Play as Well as Work
- Contact Us