Full time Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students.
Students who officially withdraw from their course before 31st October (Semester 1) or before February 28th (Semester 2) will be refunded their semester fees less a 15% administrative charge.
NB: Students must complete an official Withdrawal Form and return it to the Admissions office by October 31st or February 28th in order to be eligible for a refund.
For any CAO applicants, fees paid are refunded or transferred where a student subsequently takes up an offer from another Higher Education Institution or takes up an Apprenticeship or re-attends second level in the same academic year. No administrative charges apply. In such cases the student must submit a letter from the other Institution confirming their enrolment.
Part Time and Evening Students:
- All part time fees must be paid before commencement of the programme.
- A full refund will be given to all applicants for courses which do not proceed.
- For courses commencing in Semester 1 a full refund will be given to students who withdraw before September 5th.
- For courses commencing in Semester 2 a full refund will be given to students who withdraw before January 15th.
- Where students pay the online application fee to accept an offer they have 14 days in which to withdraw and claim a full refund provided the course has not commenced.
- A full refund (less 15% administration fee) will be given to applicants for short courses, if requested up to one week after course commencement. No refunds will be given thereafter. A short Course has a duration of 12 weeks or less.
- A full refund (less 15% administration fee) will be given to applicants for semesterised and full year courses if requested up to one month after the commencement of Semester 1 and before the end of February for Semester 2. No refunds will be given thereafter.
- Where possible payments made online will be refunded to the Credit / Debit card used.
- Bank account refunds must be made on the appropriate Refund Form which can be requested from the CIT Fees Office.