Full Time Undergraduate Fees
Student Fees comprise of the following three elements:
- Student Contribution Charge
- Union of Students in Ireland (USI) Levy
- Tuition Fees
Student Contribution Charge
The Student Contribution Charge for the academic year 2017/18 is €3,000 this is an annual charge which is set by the Government for all full-time third level students.
Students can apply to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) for a grant which, if approved, may cover 100% of the Student Contribution Charge. For information on Grants please click below.
Union of Students in Ireland (USI) Levy
The USI membership levy is €7.00 This Levy is not covered by a SUSI grant and must be paid before the Start of Semester 1.
EU Tuition Fees
Many undergraduate students attending publicly funded third-level courses do not have to pay tuition fees. Under the terms of the Free Fees Initiative, the Government will pay these fees to the colleges instead.
Students undertaking a second undergraduate course, non-EU students, students studying by ACCS mode and students taking a year of a course for a second time (i.e. repeating a year/ level) may be liable for tuition fees.
Students who have previously attended another third level course must complete a previous college form and submit it to the fees office so we can determine your tuition fee liability.
The following are the tuition fees for 2017/18
Annual EU Tuition Fee Rate
|Higher Certificate (Level 6)||€250|
|Ordinary Degree (Level 7)||€250|
|Honours Degree (Level 8)||€819|
|Honours Degree - Architecture or Engineering (Level 8)||€1,450|
For Fees purposes students are classified into one of the following 3 Categories:
- Free Fees Scheme: Student is liable for the Student Contribution charge and the USI levy.
- EU Fees: Student is liable for the Student Contribution charge, the USI levy and the EU Tuition Fees.
- Non EU Fees: Any student who does not meet the conditions of Free Fees or EU Fees will be liable for Non-EU Fees, regardless of nationality or citizenship. Students classified for fee purposes as Non-EU will not be permitted to change their fee status following admission.
Please go to the following link to check which category you will be assessed under: