CIT Prize for Innovation 2015/2016 - 10K prize fund, sponsored by the Local Enterprise Office
Submit a business idea, the competition is open to all CIT students. We accept individual or joint applications - it can be part of your course work but it doesn't have to be.
- Enter your Expression of Interest online: Deadline Wednesday, 10th February 2016 (This form must be completed to enter the competition)
- Submit Business Plan Template: Friday, 12th February -12noon
- Prize Giving & Showcasing : Friday, 11th March 2016
If you would like more information (FAQ, Expression of Interest, Business Plan Template) please visit: www.cit.ie/innovation
This competition is open to all CIT students whom have an APP idea - all you need it the idea.
- APP idea, all you need is an idea -Deadline Friday, 19th February 2016
- Shortlisting - 27th February 2016
- Showcasing & prize giving - Friday, March 11th 2016
Please contact email@example.com for any queries and visit www.cit.ie/apprentice for the application & more information.
Bright Ideas Competition 2016
- The Bright Ideas competiton is all about the idea, nothing else! (Weird, wacky and innovative ideas are welcome).
- This will run for Innovation Week 2016 and is open to CIT students only.
- Online entries will be accepted from February 22nd 2016, written entries will be accepted on Innovation Day (Friday the 11th of March from 9am to 12pm). One winner will be chosen by a panel of judges and will receive a €300 One 4 All voucher.
Application form - COMING SOON
What happens after I submit my idea?
After you submit your idea, it will remain confidential and only disclosed to the judging panel.
Should your idea have potential you may be contacted by one of the Student Enterprise Interns about progressing your idea, should you not wish to progress, the idea will be erased from our system and not disclosed to anyone.
Any idea submitted will remain the intellectual property of the student.
Find the Robot Competition 2016 (7th - 11th March)
- To enter follow @ideahubsoc on Twitter and follow the clues!
€100 to be won each day of Innovation Week - Stay tuned!
INFORMATION COMING SOON
CIT Dragons' Den Competition April 2016
All you need is the idea
- Pitch your business idea to a panel of judges for 5 minutes to win part of the €500 prize fund
Information regarding the competition will become available in Feb 2016.
Entrepreneurship Supports for CIT students
- Contact the Enterprise Interns: The “go to” people if you have a business idea or a general query about the competitions.
- Student Referrals: Meet with an Enterprise Intern & a Manager from the Rubicon Centre to get advice/direction with your business idea.
- The Rubicon Centre: Home to up to 60 start-up companies. Placement, case studies and graduate placement opportunities
- The Idea Hub Society: Connect with like-minded students, swap skills and get involved in entrepreneurship competitions & events. Visit: www.facebook.com/ideahub or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Inc., Summer Programme: Start-up programme for up to six CIT student entrepreneurs, up to €4000 funding per project, based in the Rubicon Centre from June – Sept 2016, earn ECT credits upon completion, and the Rubicon offer training, mentoring & workshops to start your business. www.cit.ie/StudentInc