CIT Prize for Innovation
CIT Prize for Innovation 2015-2016 - €10k Prize Fund
The CIT Prize for Innovation is an annual competition held on CIT’s Bishopstown Campus. The competition awards cash prizes to those whose inventions and business ideas are judged most creative, novel, innovative, and likely to succeed in the marketplace. The competition is open to all departments within the Institute.
You can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for 2015-2016 CIT Prize for Innovation using the form below. This will provide us with contact details for you and will ensure that you are on our list to receive further information about the competition and entrepreneurship training that will be held during the 2015-2016 academic year.
PLEASE NOTE THE COMPETITION IS CLOSED
The next step is to submit a Business Plan. Business plans are due on or before 12.00 noon on Friday 12th February 2016. Please submit five copies of your business plan (stapled copies only) to the Enterprise Intern, Industry Liaison Office, Ground Floor of the Administration Building on or before 12.00 noon on Friday 12th February 2016.
Please note: A video submission is optional this year.
- Download your Business Plan Template Click HERE
- For Tips on the Business Plan and Pitching Click HERE
- CIT Prize for Innovation Rules and Entry Requirements HERE
- CIT Prize for Innovation Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) HERE
- We will be running business plan training and video pitching sessions. Dates, times and location to be confirmed.
Entrepreneurial Training Notes (2014)
- Spotting the Opportunity and Idea Generation delivered by Joe Kelleher
- Building Team, Product and IP delivered by Jerry O'Brien
- Sales and Marketing delivered by Vincent Scanlon (for access to the presentation send an email to Vincent.Scanlon@b2bsigns.ie)
- Financing the Business delivered by Pat Lynch
Entrepreneurial Training Notes (from 2013) delivered by Kieran Moynihan
- Spotting the Opportunity and Idea Generation
- Sales and Marketing
- Building Team, Product and IP
Innovation Week 2015
In 2015, 28 special events were organised as part of Innovation Week with over 2,500 attendees at the various events.
The highly successful week has hosted a wide range of events across all industries and sectors including research showcase, business workshops, graduate discussions, social media seminars, and competitions encouraging participants to come up with their own creative business idea or the next big App idea.
Carole O’Leary, Industry Liaison Manager at CIT says: “The rationale behind this week is to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in CIT amongst the staff, students and the wider business community. With the variety of events, speakers and competitions there is something for everyone, from 6 to 60 years. CIT is at the forefront of entrepreneurship education and training in the region and is ideally placed to host Innovation Week. The on-campus incubator, The Rubicon Centre, is a dedicated facility for start-up and emerging companies and is home to 60 knowledge-based businesses. Each year there is a buzz of activity present on the campus during Innovation Week and allows for further integration of business ideas between the staff, students and existing and emerging companies”.
During CIT’s Innovation Week, companies have the opportunity to visit CIT and learn how companies in the region use CIT as their innovation partner of choice. CIT hosts guest speakers on the subjects of entrepreneurship and innovation and all events are free and open to the public.