Certificate in Media Production
The Certificate in Media Production consists of 4 modules which when completed together constitute a HETAC Level 6 CIT Certificate. While the full course consists of all four modules, students are free to take one or more modules within a flexible timeframe.
The course aims to provide stand-alone modules for those who wish to update their knowledge or expand on their range of expertise in Media Design and Production.
The modules facilitate employers, employees and those wishing to upgrade their skills by offering individual or multiple modules in an easily accessible, learner centred manner.
The four modules are:
Web Design & Interactive Media - DESI6018
Introduction to Video - MMED6015
Digital Imaging - DESI6016
Design for Print - DESI6015
Detailed information about the modules about are available from our website or by viewing of PDF brochure
What are the Admission Requirements?
- Leaving Certificate (or equivalent). Basic computer and keyboard skills are necessary. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be applicable for candidates (www.cit.ie/rpl).
How do I apply?
You can apply online by visiting by CLICKING HERE.
How long does the course last?
- Module duration: 13 weeks
- Due to the flexible nature of the modules, there is no time limit for completion of the course. Individual modules may be taken in a time scale that suits the student.
- Typically a module is delivered 2 evenings a week in each semester.
On completion of the course, what skills will I have?
Graduates of this course will be able to
- Apply a range of interactive media, design and technical skills in the production and management of media types, which can be delivered via the web;
- Present video production knowledge of the process of shooting and editing video;
- Demonstrate digital image creation and manipulation;
- Demonstrate a practical and theoretical knowledge of design for print.
Brian Doyle (Course Coordinator)
Department of Media Communications
CIT Bishopstown Campus,
T: +353 (0) 21 432 6115