Application extended to Monday 7th Dec @ 1.00pm > Maths for Mature Students Programme
Published on: Sunday, 15 November 2015
Applications open from 9am on Wednesday 25th November to 1pm on Monday 7th December 2015.
Click here for more details
This programme allows prospective mature students an opportunity to demonstrate their ability in mathematics when applying for full-time undergraduate science/engineering courses in CIT.
The CIT Maths for Matures Programme consists of a 17 hour elementary mathematics course, followed by an assessment of the work covered, and a feedback session.
Aims of the Maths for Matures Programme:
- Familiarise prospective mature students with some of the mathematics that they will encounter in the first year of an engineering/science programme in CIT.
- Provide an opportunity to prospective mature students to demonstrate their ability in and aptitude for mathematics.
- Provide the Head of Department with a test result which would demonstrate if the prospective mature student has a suitable aptitude for mathematics in relation to the course(s) being applied for in CIT. The student can send the test result with their CAO application.
Important elements of the programme
- Participants in the Maths for Matures programme must commit to attending the full programme, to include all classes, assessment, and feedback session.
- The Maths for Matures Programme is limited to 25 places. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Applications open from 9am on Wednesday 25th November to 5pm on Monday 7th December 2015.
- Prospective students will be notified by email on/before Friday 4th December 2015 regarding confirmation of a place on the programme.
- Classes commence on the 9th December 2015.
- A good result on the Maths for Matures programme does not in itself guarantee entry onto the science/engineering course of your choice in CIT.
This is a joint initiative of the Access Service and the Department of Mathematics, Cork Institute of Technology.