Event: CIT Graduate Connor Barry (Abbott) winner of Graduate Employee of the Year 2012
Wednesday, 25 April 2012
The winners of the gradireland Graduate Recruitment Awards were announced on Wednesday 25 April 2012 at a gala dinner in the Mansion House, Dublin. Voted for by students and judged by an independent panel of industry experts, these awards recognise Ireland’s most popular recruiters across a range of employment sectors. The gala dinner and awards ceremony were attended by 500 of Ireland’s most respected employers, third level careers services and professional bodies, making it the biggest gathering of the graduate recruitment community in Ireland.
Connor graduated with a First Class Honours Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering at CIT in 2010, thereafter securing a place on the highly selective Abbott Ireland Professional Development Programme.
|Connor has completed three of his four rotations on this programme and is currently working on assignment as a global buyer in the Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain in Columbus, Ohio, the first Irish Professional Development Programme recruit to be offered such a global assignment. Conor’s previous rotations were as a process development engineer and a quality engineer in Abbott Vascular’s Irish operations.|
Pictured above is Connor Barry demonstrating his project on Contact Lens Detection which was conducted in conjunction with Bausch and Lomb and under the supervision of Dr Michael J. O’Mahony.
Pictured below is Connor with GradIreland trophy presented to him by Dr David Foster, Directro, Career Development Centre UCD. Photo by Nikki Brown
L - R) Gavan O’Brien, gradireland; Connor Barry; Dr David Foster, Director, Career Development Centre, UCD.
Photo: Nikki Browne
Graduate Employee of the Year
Winner: Connor Barry (Abbott) - CIT Mechanical Engineering Graduate
• Aidan Sandys, Abbott
• Aine Sheehan (Deloitte)
• Niall Goulding (Deloitte)
• Ciara McNestry (First Derivatives)
• Ken O’Shea (InterTradeIreland – Eirgen Pharma)
• Niall McSkeane (InterTradeIreland – JFC Manufacturing
• Rachel Murray (Learnosity)
• Damian Cunningham (Medtronic Vascular)
• Lisa Archer (Sigmar Recruitment)
• Elizabeth Conlon (Vision Consulting)
Graduate Employer of the Year
Postgraduate course of the year – IT
Winner: MSc in Computer Science by Negotiated Learning, UCD School of Computer Science and Informatics Centre, University College Dublin
• MSc in Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing Centre of Excellence, Cork Institute of Technology
• MSc in Cyberpsychology, Institute of Art, Design & Technology (IADT), Dún Laoghaire
• MA in Digital Media, College of Arts, Social Sciences & Celtic Studies, NUI Galway
• MSc in Interactive Digital Media, School of Computer Science & Statistics, Trinity College Dublin