Mature Students (Full-Time Courses)
UPCOMING EVENT: CIT MATURE STUDENT INFORMATION EVENING
CIT Mature Student Information Evening for prospective full-time undergraduate Mature Students will be held on Thursday 16th November from 6pm-8pm in the Tourism & Hospitality Building, Cork Institute of Technology Bishopstown Campus.
- To be eligible to apply as a Mature Student, applicants must be 23 years or older by the 1st of January of the proposed year of entry.
Departmental Information stands will be in attendance on the evening as well as an information session on the following;
- Introduction to CIT,
- Taking steps to 3rd Level Education
- The Mature Student Application Process,
- Fees & Financial information,
- Recognition of Prior Learning,
- The Mature Student Experience,
- QQI links with CIT
- Mature Student Supports
For further information, please call/email Emily on 021-4335138/Emily.Clifford@cit.ie
Cork Institute of Technology strongly encourages applications from mature candidates and is continually working towards wider entry routes in order to increase participation of adult learners. Returning to education after a break, or entering it for the first time as a mature student, is becoming very popular. The Mature Student brings with him/her life experiences along with determination and focus, all of which are conducive to successful learning. The ‘mature student’ very often becomes the ‘ideal student’.
There are a wide variety of courses at certificate, diploma and degree level to choose from within CIT. This webpage highlights for you the entry mechanisms and gives you some information on the supports available for mature students.
Mature Student queries - click on the link most relevant to you below
- I am interested in going to college but I don’t know what I want to do
- I am interested in going to college and I have an idea of what area I would like to study but I don’t know which course would best suit my needs
- I am interested in going to college and I know what course I want to do. How do I apply?
- I have applied for a course in CIT through the CAO what happens now?
- What fees will I have to pay?
- What financial supports are available to me?
- What supports are available to me as a mature student in CIT?
- What important dates do I need to know about?
Note: Applications must be made through the Central Applications Office (CAO) for entry into Year 1 of a full-time undergraduate programme in CIT. All other applications can be made directly to the Institute. Click here or contact email@example.com tel: 021-4335040 for further information.
The Mature Student Officer, Christine Nolan, is based in the Access Service, Student Centre, Bishopstown Campus.
Mature Student Guide:
Are you a Mature Student?
To be eligible under this category, applicants must be 23 years or older by the 1st of January of the proposed year of entry.
Information Evening for Mature Students
An Information Evening will be held for prospective full time undergraduate mature students onn 16th November 2017.
At this event, prospective mature students are provided with information on Course and Career Options, Life in CIT as a mature student, Grants, Fees, Financial assistance, Student Supports & Services.
Presentations usually include:
- Introduction to CIT
- Taking Steps to Third Level Education
- The Mature Student Experience
- The Application Process
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Supports, Grants, and Fees
Following on from this information evening, a CAO Information Evening for Mature Students is held in January. The CAO closing date for application to full time courses is the 1st February each year.