Mature Students (Full-Time Courses)
Cork Institute of Technology strongly encourages applications from mature candidates and is continually working towards wider entry routes in order to increase participation of adult learners. Returning to education after a break, or entering it for the first time as a mature student, is becoming very popular. The Mature Student brings with him/her life experiences along with determination and focus, all of which are conducive to successful learning. The ‘mature student’ very often becomes the ‘ideal student’.
There are a wide variety of courses at certificate, diploma and degree level to choose from within CIT. This webpage highlights for you the entry mechanisms and gives you some information on the supports available for mature students.
To apply for the Higher Certificate in Business for Mature Students- click here
Mature Student queries - click on the link most relevant to you below
- I am interested in going to college but I don’t know what I want to do
- I am interested in going to college and I have an idea of what area I would like to study but I don’t know which course would best suit my needs
- I am interested in going to college and I know what course I want to do. How do I apply?
- I have applied for a course in CIT through the CAO what happens now?
- What fees will I have to pay?
- What financial supports are available to me?
- What supports are available to me as a mature student in CIT?
- What important dates do I need to know about?
Note: Applications must be made through the Central Applications Office (CAO) for entry into Year 1 of a full-time undergraduate programme in CIT. For application to a Post year 1 programme, apply through www.cao.ie . Application to Postgraduate courses can be made directly to the Institute. Click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 021-4335040 for further information.
The Mature Student Officer, Christine Nolan, is based in the Access Service, Student Centre, Bishopstown Campus.
Mature Student Guide:
Are you a Mature Student?
To be eligible under this category, applicants must be 23 years or older by the 1st of January of the proposed year of entry.