Mature Students (Full-Time Courses)
Thinking of applying for a full time undergraduate course in CIT in 2017?
CIT MATURE STUDENT CAO INFORMATION SESSION 2017 For FULL-TIME UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
WEDNESDAY 11TH JANUARY
VENUE: PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE TO - T101, Tourism & Hospitality Building, Bishopstown Campus.
CAO CLOSING DATE FOR MATURE APPLICATIONS: 1ST FEBRUARY 2017.
INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ON:
• THE APPLICATION PROCESS
• WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM A MATURE STUDENT APPLICATION
• FEES, THE STUDENT GRANT (SUSI) AND THE BACK TO EDUCATION ALLOWANCE
• THE MATURE STUDENT EXPERIENCE IN CIT
MATURE STUDENT QUERIES- click on the link most relevant to you below:
- I am interested in going to college but I don’t know what I want to do
- I am interested in going to college and I have an idea of what area I would like to study but I don’t know which course would best suit my needs
- I am interested in going to college and I know what course I want to do. How do I apply?
- I have applied for a course in CIT through the CAO what happens now?
- What fees will I have to pay?
- What financial supports are available to me?
- What supports are available to me as a mature student in CIT?
- What important dates do I need to know about?
Note: Applications must be made through the Central Applications Office (CAO) for entry into Year 1 of a full-time undergraduate programme in CIT. All other applications can be made directly to the Institute. Click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 021-4335037 for further information.
The Mature Student Officer is based in the Access Service, Student Centre, Bishopstown Campus.
Monday - Friday
Please note meetings are by appointment only. To make an appointment, please contact Sinéad on the details below.
Cork Institute of Technology strongly encourages applications from mature candidates and is continually working towards wider entry routes in order to increase participation of adult learners. Returning to education after a break, or entering it for the first time as a mature student, is becoming very popular. The Mature Student brings with him/her life experiences along with determination and focus, all of which are conducive to successful learning. The ‘mature student’ very often becomes the ‘ideal student’.
There are a wide variety of courses at certificate, diploma and degree level to choose from within CIT. This webpage highlights for you the entry mechanisms and gives you some information on the supports available for mature students. We would like to wish you every success in your journey to third level.
Mature Student Guide:
CIT has developed a comprehensive guide for Mature Students, please click here to download.
Are you a Mature Student?
To be eligible under this category, applicants must be 23 years or older by the 1st of January of the proposed year of entry.
Information Evening for Mature Students
Every year an Information Evening is held for mature students. At this event, prospective mature students are provided with information on Course and Career Options, Life in CIT as a mature student, Grants, Fees, Financial assistance, Student Supports & Services.
Presentations usually include:
- Introduction to CIT
- Taking Steps to Third Level Education
- The Mature Student Experience
- The Application Process
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Supports, Grants, and Fees
Following on from this information evening, a CAO Information Evening for Mature Students is held in January. The CAO closing date for application to full time courses is the 1st February each year.