I have applied for a course in CIT through the CAO what happens now?
The Assessment Process for CAO Applicants
- Once you have made an application through the CAO you will receive confirmation of your application from the CAO to the email address you have provided.
- You will receive an email from CIT prior to CAO offers being made, advising you of CAO offer dates and alternative options available to you in the event that you do not receive an offer of a place on a course in CIT.
- Mature Applications (to year 1 courses) i.e. those that have had the mature student box ticked and have provided a personal statement will be assessed by the relevant Departments in CIT in May.
- Some departments will call mature applicants for interview, others will base assessment on the personal statement provided by the applicant.
- If a QQI/FETAC applicant also presents with a Leaving Certificate, the CAO will use whichever is the better of the Leaving Certificate points or the FETAC points. The full FETAC award may be accumulated over more than one academic year.
Please see the CAO offer dates below according to the type of application made:
Application Type CAO Year 1 Offers Round Dates:
- Mature Applicant (Personal Statement provided) Round A -Early July
- Mature Applicant (Personal Statement provided) Round 0 -Early August
- FETAC / Leaving Certificate Round 1 22nd August
- FETAC / Leaving Certificate Round 2 End August/Beginning Sept
See www.cao.ie for further information on all of the above.