HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ADULT LEARNERS
Uversity is now accepting applications for its new HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ADULT LEARNERS that are intended to remove financial barriers so that adult learners can unlock their potential and realise their academic ambitions.
Uniquely, Uversity’s scholarships will provide full financial support, if required, for the entire period of recipients’ study. They will provide meaningful, multi-annual financial support for recipients to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree for the first time in participating third level institutions in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Scholarships can be any subject area and will be tailored to recipients’ financial circumstances to cover some or all of the direct and indirect costs associated with higher education.
Eligible applicants must:
- be 23 years and older by 1st January in the year of enrolment
- be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 years or more by 1st January prior to the year of enrolment
- be returning to higher education in the 2018/19 or 2019/20 academic year after a break from education of 3 years or more or have completed a higher education progression / preparation course in the last 2 years. PLEASE NOTE that applicants currently enrolled on a Bachelor’s Programme are not eligible.
- apply to a participating institution(s) on the island of Ireland as per the institutions’ application processes and be offered a place on a Bachelor’s Programme for the 2018/19 or 2019/20 academic year. PLEASE NOTE that applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at time of application but if selected for a scholarship they must have received an offer and registered in their chosen programme to receive their first instalment of the scholarship.
be able to demonstrate:
- socio-economic disadvantage and financial need (e.g. in receipt of government benefit)
- a clear and stated motivation for returning to education and an ambition for their educational journey
- a drive to succeed and strong work ethic
- an ability to be transformed and transform others as a result of this scholarship and educational experience
Submit an application via Uversity’s online system by 1st May 2018 with the following information:
- biographical / contact details
- details of education and employment to date
- details of financial circumstances and need
- a motivation statement of maximum 500 words
- details of two referees
Successful candidates will be notified by Uversity in July 2018.
Further information on the programme and application process can be found here.
Requests for further information / clarification should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org