How to prepare a case
How to prepare an experiential learning case for the CIT module – what approach to use
If you are preparing an experiential learning case you must focus on the learning outcomes and enshrine them in lights. They are your goalposts now. The whole document must showcase how you meet the learning outcomes. The starting point is the learning portfolio. This is where you should present your case for assessment
To have a prior learning case allowed:
- You must present against each learning outcome just as they are stated.
- Show in a page or so of text how you meet the learning outcome (for each one) against each learning outcome. Decide what is your understanding of the statement ? Where did you gain this learning ? Give examples, and provide proof to back up what you are saying.
- To start think about what were you involved in ? Consider what you might be able to use from your life to backup what you are saying.
Its not just about paid work
- Creativity – artwork, hobbies
- Innovation – in life’s activities
- Teamwork and training or community involvement
- Teamwork – have a think about all of the different activities where teamwork is involved !