1916 Bursary Appeals Procedure
1916 Appeals Procedure
GROUNDS FOR MAKING A 1916 BURSARY APPEAL
The 1916 Review and Appeals Process (Southern Region Cluster) is designed to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and screening procedures have been applied consistently. This formal review and appeals process is the mechanism through which an unsuccessful application outcome can be re-examined. Applicants can apply to have their applications re-examined if you believe there was an “administrative error in assessment” i.e. that you think a mistake was made when your application was being reviewed that led to you not being awarded the Bursary;
The Bursaries were awarded to applicants who provided evidence of membership of more than one of the target groups outlined below, and clearly demonstrated the significance and impact of the socio-economic disadvantage and barriers experienced.
- Socio economic groups that have low participation in higher education
- Students with a disability – particularly students with a physical/mobility impairment, students are who deaf/hard of hearing and students who are blind or have a visual impairment.
- Irish Travellers
- Lone parents who have been confirmed by DEASP as holding a means tested social welfare payment.
- Ethnic minorities (for the purposes of PATH 2 include programme refugees and persons from other ethnic minority groups lawfully present in the State who meet the definition of student in section 14 of the Student Support Act 2011 and regulation 5 of the Student Support Regulations 2017. S.I. No. 126 of 2017.)
- Student who were/are in the care of TUSLA
APPLICANTS MAKING A REVIEW AND APPEAL APPLICATION MUST NOTE:
- A Review and Appeal application can only be made by completing the Appeals form (below) and submitting it by email no later than 18th May at 12noon.
- Any unsolicited correspondence from a third party (e.g. politician, clergy, academic staff) that attempts to canvass on behalf of the applicant will not be taken into account.
- Additional information or documentation will not be taken into consideration.
- Change of circumstances since the application was submitted will not be taken into consideration.
The Appeal Process closes 18th May 2018 at 12noon. The offical Appeal Application form (below) must be used. No late appeals will be accepted.