The Disability Support Service liaises with the Examinations Office to provide exam support to students with disabilities for their assessments and end-of-semester examinations. CIT has a Disability Administrator in the Exams Office who arranges these supports for Bishopstown campus students in partnership with the DSS.
- Provision of a laptop / scribe
- Provision of a reading software /reader
- Extra time (10 minutes per hour)
- Access to laptops /assistive technology
- Separate/shared/smaller exam centres
Please note in order for the DSS to confirm with the Exams Office what exam supports a student is entitled to, students must register fully with the Disability Support Service (includes going to a meeting) by these dates:
- Semester 1 exams: Friday 28th October 2016
- Semester 2 exams: Friday 10th March 2017
- (Repeat) August exams: Friday 7th July 2017
All DSS students will have to email the Exams Office (email@example.com) directly for each exam session to confirm what supports they wish to use for their end-of-semester exams by a certain date. For more details please see the CIT Exams page.
For queries, contact:
Examinations Office, Melbourn Building, CIT, Bishopstown.
Telephone: 021 433 5049
For further information, please check out the Examinations Office webpage: http://www.mycit.ie/examinations/support/
For Cork School of Music queries please email Rocky Falzon, Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
For NMCI queries please email Vivion Gough, Head of Academic Studies: email@example.com