Book-Keeping & Accounting (Introductory) Part-time
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
9th September 2022 (Semester 1), 31 January 2023 (Semester 2)
The course is dedicated to instructing students on manual processing, and computerised accounting using the Sage Accounting Software Package. This course is a good ‘stepping stone’ to the Institute of Accounting Technicians (IATI) and Higher Certificate in Business.
Organisation and Professional Development
All part-time programmes at MTU will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that fees quoted relate to the academic year 2022-2023 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
Course fee: €500
Fees to be paid on acceptance of offer online.
Delivery and duration
Duration is 10 weeks.
Subject to demand, the course will have two intakes, September and January.
Tuesday, 6.30 – 9.30pm
Class size is limited to 20 students.
This course is intended to introduce participants to:
- Books of original entry.
- Value added Tax (VAT).
- Receivables (debtors) and Payables (creditors) ledgers.
- Treatment of PAYE, PRSI and other deductions.
- Online application is open for course commencing 12th September 2022.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay the course fee of €500 (full course fee) if a place on a course is offered.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay the fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
Semester 1 commencing 12th September 2022
Application closing date: 9th September 2022
Semester 2 commencing 31st January 2023
Application closing date: 31st January 2023