Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Strategy
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
16th September 2022
The MBA programme will allow you to develop your interpersonal, conceptual and decision-making skills which will give you enhanced management and leadership ability, confidence and critical self-awareness. The MBA will give you the required skills and abilities to assist you in navigating your chosen career path. Your organisation will benefit from your improved knowledge, skillset and confidence which will bring added value for your employer.
Applicants who have a minimum of an Honours Bachelor of Business or cognate degree (Level 8) or cognate discipline (H2.2) or an approved equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for entry to the programme.
All applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency (IELTS score of at least 6.0). English language tests must be undertaken no more than two years prior to the start of the programme.
Organisation and Professional Development
All part-time programmes at MTU will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that fees quoted relate to the academic year 2022-2023 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Registration fees for professional bodies etc. are payable separately to these institutions. Students will be notified of their fees by e-mail to their MTU e-mail account and in all cases, course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Location: MTU Bishopstown Campus, Cork (on campus and online)
Mode of Delivery: on campus and online
Classes are delivered Wednesdays 6 - 10pm and Fridays 3.00 - 8.00pm
Course Fee: €12,500
Credits: 90 ECTS
Duration: Two Years Part-Time (4 Semesters, September 2021 to September 2023)
No. of timetable hours per week: circa 10
The aim of the MBA in Strategy is to enable learners to develop their leadership and strategic management skills, thus raising their individual performance and assisting their organisations achieve success.
The MBA enables the learner, as a professional, to review their leadership and management style and identify how they can improve upon same to increase their effectiveness at a senior level in the workplace. The programme allows learners to develop an appreciation of the interconnectedness of all aspects of the organisation, and an appreciation of the role each function must play in delivering on organisational goals.
For most learners, moving to a strategic role in their organisation requires an understanding of functions outside of their existing professional competence together with an expert command of the strategic management.
How will I benefit?
- Individual professional and personal development.
- The MBA programme will allow you to develop your interpersonal, conceptual and decision making skills which will give you enhanced management and leadership ability, confidence and critical self-awareness.
- The MBA will give you the required skills and abilities to assist you in navigating your chosen career path.
- Your organisation will benefit from you acquiring new skills and confidence and will bring an added value to your workplace and colleagues.
Presentation of the MBA programme consists of lectures, tutorials, live case studies, visiting lecturers, international study trip, consultancy projects, etc.
Key Skills from the MBA
- Communication, Written & Oral
- Presentation Skills
- Adaptability to Change/Continuous Professional Development/Lifelong Learning
- Global Outlook
- Analytical Skills/Diagnostic/Problem Solving, Observation
- Decision Making
- Networking/Partnerships/Collaboration, Building Reputation
- Research Methods
- Planning & Organisational Skills
- Critical & Analytical Thinking, Business/Strategic Thinking, Curious Mindset
- Ability to Leverage Technology/Data Driven
- Project Implementation
MTU has developed a website which gives full details of all modules for all courses. The website also has information on recommended textbooks, average weekly workload, assessments and exams.
For detailed module information, please visit the below link
MTU Masters Student Graduates:
- Online application is open for course commencing 12th September 2022.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €500 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.