Advanced Mechatronics Certificate (10 ECTS)
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
LEVEL 8 Special Purpose Award
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
23rd September 2019
Candidates must have successfully completed the CIT Level 7 Mechatronics Module or equivalent and some relevant work experience working in in the area of Mechatronics.
We have seen a dramatic change in the complexity of programming and control of modern day machines, where, for example, controllers use languages like C++ now instead of Ladder Diagram and Soft Motion for more complex machine movements and faster changeovers. With the integration of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic equipment in modern day industry, there is a need for an integrated approach to the training requirements for personnel to be able to adjust, service, maintain, programme and design modern equipment. This would include the advanced programming of PLCs, servo drives, machine safety systems, networking, mechanical setup and adjustment of sensors. The aim of this Special Purpose Award is to address the short fall in the needs of training at this level of automation.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
An Information session will take place on Wednesday 4th September 2019 from 5.30pm to 7.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2019-2020 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Overall course fee: €1,850* (Only applicable when BOTH modules are taken in one academic year)
Students, who successfully complete
- Advanced Mechatronics Part 1 (Module title: Advanced PLC Programming), and
- Advanced Mechatronics Part 2 (Module title: Integrating Mechatronics),
will be entitled to a Certificate in Advanced Mechatronics (Special Purpose Award 10 ECTs, Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications), awarded by Cork Institute of Technology.
These modules can also be taken and certified individually.
- Online application is open for course commencing 30th September 2019
- Overall fee €1,850 (only applicable when BOTH modules are taken in one academic year)
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee. You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.
Advanced Mechatronics Part 1
Module: Advanced PLC Programming
Advanced Mechatronics Part 2
Module: Integrating Mechatronics