Advanced Mechatronics Part 1 (5 ECTs)
CR_EAMEC_8 - Y1
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Candidates must have successfully completed the MTU Cork Level 7 Mechatronics Module or equivalent, and some relevant work experience working in in the area of Mechatronics.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at MTU Cork will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2020-2021 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures. For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Course Fee: €980* (Includes course notes and exam fees)
Note: Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. * Discounts available for groups of two or more.
One evening per week for 12 weeks in Semester 1.
5 ECTS credits at Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications, awarded by MTU Cork.
- Principles of the five IEC languages, Ladder, Instruction List, Sequential Function Chart, Function Block & Structured Text.
- Principles surrounding BUS systems, including CAN, Profibus,
ProfiNet, Ethernet, describing addressing, PLC settings, Tag names etc.
- Principles of Analogue sensors, showing resolution, scaling, wiring, types of input 0-10V 4-20MA etc.
- Principles of safety systems up to category 4 machine safety, Safety Relays, Safety PLC’s, interlocking devices.
- Principles of Servo Drive systems, Homing methods, signaling methods i.e. Digital or Bus signalling. Speeds, acceleration etc.
- To apply, please contact the Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Management Systems (CAMMS) by email email@example.com
- Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. Once the course is full, online applications will closed for the course.
- Late applications may be considered should any places become available.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.