Advanced Mechatronics Part 2 (5 ECTs)
CR_EAMEC_8 - Y1B
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Candidates must have successfully completed the MTU Cork Level 7 Mechatronics Module or equivalent and some relevant work experience working in in the area of Mechatronics.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at MTU Cork will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2019-2020 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures. For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Course fee: €980* (Includes course notes and exam fees)
Note: Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. * Discounts available for groups of two or more.
One evening per week for 12 weeks In Semester 2.
5 ECTS credits at Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications, awarded by MTU Cork
- Industrial Networking
Programme PLCs to control Servo Drives, Vision systems & Robotic interaction with mechatronic systems across CAN Open, ProfiBus, ProfiNet and Ethernet.
- Integration of PLCs and Servo Drive systems
Programme Servo Drive Controllers to communicate with a PLC in a discrete manner. Programme the PLC to give positional control data to the Servo Drive controller.
- Vision systems
Programme Vision Systems to determine location, shape and orientation of objects. Programme PLCs and Robotic systems to use the information from the vision system.
- Soft Motion Control
Introduce Soft Motion Control for the control of Servo Drive positioning, demonstrating the use of CNC code embedded within a PLC function block.
- To apply, please contact the Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Management Systems (CAMMS) by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. Once the course is full, online applications will closed for the course. Late applications may be considered should any places become available.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.