Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE)
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
Part-time Course duration: one evening per week for the academic year’
Candidates must have a minimum of eight years manufacturing-related work experience and/or education (a maximum of five years of education may be applied toward the eight years experience/education requirement).
The awarding body is the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), which has 70,000 members world-wide. The SME is dedicated to the dissemination of information and education in the area of manufacturing engineering.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
An Information session will take place on Wednesday 4th September 2019 from 5.30pm to 7.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2019-2020 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
€975 includes course textbook.
Course Fee does not include exam fee, payable to the SME
One evening per week for the academic year.
The course involves a significant proportion of self directed learning. The course is based on a body of knowledge specified for certification by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) which is based in the USA. Its prime aim is to provide recognition for candidates who have several years manufacturing experience but no qualification to show for their work-based expertise.
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Quality Management and Quality Tools
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes
- Facility Layout and Planning
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Occupational Health and Safety
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Note: CIT is not the examining body for this programme but acts as an official exam site.
- Online application will open shortly.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee. You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.