Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE)
Field of Study
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
21st September 2020
Part-time Course duration: one evening per week for the academic year’
Candidates must have a minimum of eight years manufacturing-related work experience and/or education (a maximum of five years of education may be applied toward the eight years experience/education requirement).
The awarding body is the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), which has 70,000 members world-wide. The SME is dedicated to the dissemination of information and education in the area of manufacturing engineering.
Mechanical, Biomedical & Manufacturing Eng
The course involves a significant proportion of self directed learning. The course is based on a body of knowledge specified for certification by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) which is based in the USA. Its prime aim is to provide recognition for candidates who have several years manufacturing experience but no qualification to show for their work-based expertise.
€975 includes course textbook.
Course Fee does NOT include EXAM fee or SME Membership, payable to SME.
One evening per week for the academic year.
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Quality Management and Quality Tools
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes
- Facility Layout and Planning
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Occupational Health and Safety
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Note: CIT is not the examining body for this programme but acts as an official exam site.
- Online application is open for course commencing 28th September 2020.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €250 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee. You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.