MECH7023 - Revit MEP
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
In this module the learner will use Revit 3D software to generate HVAC system layouts. The learner will use Revit software to estimate pipe sizes, duct sizes and understand the energy usage within buildings. From the information stored within the software Material Take Off lists and other reports will be generated.
Process, Energy and Transport Engineering
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
- Source and place mechanical equipment, pipework, duct work and electrical components, within a multi-discipline 3D model, using Revit software.
- Estimate pipe sizes and duct sizes using Revit software.
- Utilise Project Browser to generate and manage useful views.
- Generate and print reports and schedules using Revit software.
Detailed Module information is available here
Overview of Industry BIM Standards
Organisation of Project Browser. Duplicating and renaming of views. Use of Visibility Graphic. Plan views, sectional views, callout views.
Sourcing and inserting mechanical equipment. Sourcing and placing of plumbing fixtures, lighting fixtures, furniture. Autodesk Seek.
Sourcing and inserting pipe work, pipe fittings, pipe accessories. Using pipe placeholder command. Using parallel pipe command. Introduction to pipe sizing methods.
Sourcing and inserting duct work, duct fittings, duct accessories. Using duct placeholder command. Introduction to duct sizing methods.
Sourcing and inserting electrical equipment devices and fixtures. Inserting cable tray and conduit. Wiring circuits connecting components.
Energy settings. Energy results.
Reports and Schedules
Generating schedules of components. Heating and cooling loads. Pipe pressure loss report. Duct pressure loss report. Electrical panel schedules.
Sharing of models across multiple disciplines.
Software for clash detection and methodology for dealing with clashes.
- Online application is currently closed.
- Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. Once the course is full, online applications will closed for the course. Late applications may be considered should any places become available.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay €500 online if a place on a course is offered.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.