Science of Biotechnological Manufacturing Operations
Field of Study
Good Manufacturing Practice
Type of Course:
Special Purpose Award
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
31st August 2020. The running of this programme will be dependent on a sufficient number of students enrolling on the course. The programme may be withdrawn if this requirement is not fulfilled.
Applications are welcome from persons over 23 years of age by 1 January of year of entry. Applicants under the age of 23 must have obtained Leaving Certificate Grade O6/H7 (pre. 2017, D3 Ordinary Level) in five subjects to include Mathematics and English. Alternative Maths does not qualify applicants on this basis. Other examinations/qualifications taken such as GCE/GCSE, trade/craft exams are considered.
A nationally accredited education programme designed to meet the education and training needs of people in the areas of Production, Quality Assurance and Validation in the Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, and Food industries. This Special Purpose Award is to introduce the participants to basic concepts of chemistry such as structures, bonding and their relationship to chemical properties. The industrial biotechnology content includes environmental biotechnology, biopharmaceutical engineering, bioreactor design and bioprocess design considerations.
Process, Energy and Transport Engineering
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2020-2021 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
€1,000 (€500 per 5 credit module x 2 modules)
The programme is delivered in one year, one module over 13 weeks in semester 1, and one module over 13 weeks in semester 2 with an end of semester exam.
Semester 1: Tuesday evenings 6.00pm – 10.0 pm and Wednesday evening ( x 4 ) in October 6.00pm – 10.00pm.
Semester 2: Tuesday evenings 6.00pm – 10.00pm
The course is designed for existing employees or potential new recruits in the Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Devices, and Food industries who would like an accredited qualification and includes:
Certificate in Biotechnological Manufacturing Operations
See modules for more details.
Credits and Certificates are awarded for each subject passed, allowing participants to select accredited modules appropriate to skill need and/or gather credits towards the award of Higher Certificate.
Students completing this Special Purpose Awards may have the opportunity to proceed via Advanced Entry to the BSc in GMP and Technology
Special Purposed Award - Certificate in Science of Biotechnological Manufacturing Operations (Level 6, 10 ECTs, on the National Framework of Qualifictions)
- Online application is open for course commencing 28th September 2020.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay an acceptance fee of €500 online if a place on a course is offered. This fee is deductible from the overall course fee.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- The running of this programme will be dependent on a sufficient number of students enrolling on the course. The programme may be withdrawn if this requirement is not fulfilled and the acceptance fee will be reimbursed.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.