Management Principles for Services
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
This course is suitable to learners who have previously undertaken courses in culinary, tourism or hospitality operations. Applicants with sufficient industry experience may be considered.
This course is designed specifically with the needs of the hospitality and tourism sector in mind. It is ideally suited to existing Supervisors who have not previously had the opportunity to formally develop their supervisory and management skills. Equally, the course will meet the needs of persons who have ambitions to become supervisors.
Tourism & Hospitality
This course is offered one evening per week over a semester.
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Course fee must be paid before attending lectures.
Course Fee: €450
Location: CIT Bishopstown Campus. This course is offered one evening per week over a semester.
Module Code: HOSP6013
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Management Roles, Skills and Functions
- Business Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- Law and Technology as drivers of change
- Planning and Decision Making
- Organisation Structure and Design
- Motivation and Leadership – Theory and Practice
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing and Customer Care
- Production Planning, Styles and Control
Note: Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
CIT: Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
- Online applicationwill open shortly for September 2020 intake.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay the course fee of €450 online if a place on a course is offered.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Please attach and upload any documents such as transcripts, CV, other details relevant to the application.