Revenue Management & Distribution (Certificate)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
2nd February 2020
This course is suitable for learners who have previously undertaken courses in tourism or hospitality operations, along with those who have sufficient industry experience in the area.
The area of Revenue Management in the hospitality industry is of increasing importance in the overall strategic direction of the organisation. This course explores the rationale, theory and practice of Revenue Management and Distribution, which seeks to maximise the revenue and profit generated by the limited capacity associated with hospitality businesses. The module will explore the hotel rooms division, along with other applications to tourist attractions, airlines, golf clubs and restaurants, along with conference and event management.
Tourism & Hospitality
This course commences 3rd February - one evening per week over one semester, from 6.30pm to 9.30pm.
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2020-2021 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
Course Fee: €450
Module Code and detailed information TOUR8009
This course is designed specifically for those in the hospitality and tourism industries. It is ideally suited to those who are moving into management positions and who need to gain an appreciation for revenue management and its application to the organisation. The course is an ideal form of professional development for new or aspiring managers.
- Introduction to Revenue Management
- Segmentation and Revenue Management
- Revenue Management Implementation
- Distribution and Channel Management
- Forecasting Demand and Overbooking
- Revenue Management Strategies and Tactics
- Revenue Management in Tourism/Service Industries
CIT: Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
Note: Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
- Online application is now closed for course that commenced in February 2020.
- The full course fee of €450 will be payable online upon acceptance of an offer. You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay the course fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Places are limited on this course and subject to availability.