Professional Bar Operations
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
The aim of this course is to give participants an opportunity to increase their knowledge, skills and aptitude and to motivate them into becoming more competent bartenders. This is a hands-on course where the student will gain practical experience in class.
Tourism & Hospitality
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2020-2021 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Module Code HOSP6012
Course Fee: €400
Location: CIT Bishopstown Campus
The course commences in September and is operated on one evening per week over the semester and consists of a 3 hour practical class each Tuesday evening from 6.30pm to 9.30pm.
This course aims to give participants an introduction to the knowledge, skills and aptitude necessary to become competent bartenders.
This is a hands-on course where the student will gain practical experience in class.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Attributes of the Professional Bartender
- Customer Care
- Basic Bar Legislation
- Service of Beverages: both alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Product Knowledge
- Cellar and Cold Room Equipment
- Cocktails and Wines and Wine Service
- Use of Specialised Equipment
- Hygiene and Safety Procedures
- Beer: Types, Service and Sales
Note: Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
- Online application will open shortly for course commencing Sept/Oct 2020
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay the course fee of €400 online if a place on a course is offered.
Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay an acceptance fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.