Professional Bar Operations
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Single Module Course
Type of Qualification:
Single Module Course
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
31st August 2022
The aim of this course is to give participants an opportunity to increase their knowledge, skills and aptitude and to motivate them into becoming more competent bartenders. This is a hands-on course where the student will gain practical experience in class.
Leaving Certificate, a relevant QQI Level 5 qualification and / or relevant work experience.
Tourism & Hospitality
Location: MTU Bishopstown Campus, Cork
This course commences 12th September 2022, 6.00pm - 9.00om.
On successful completion of this module, the learner will be able to:
- Perform operations under Health and Safety guidelines and industry standard.
- Recognise the commitment of bar operators to the Responsible Service of Alcohol programme.
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of all relevant operational tasks and the safe use of equipment.
- Identify the extensive range of alcoholic beverages available on the Irish market.
- Evaluate the profile of the Licensed Trade Industry in Ireland.
- Outline the importance of good interpersonal skills and professionalism in the workplace.
This course aims to give participants an introduction to the knowledge, skills and aptitude necessary to become competent bartenders. This is a hands-on course where the student will gain practical experience in class.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Attributes of the Professional Bartender
- Customer Care
- Basic Bar Legislation
- Service of Beverages: both alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Product Knowledge
- Cellar and Cold Room Equipment
- Cocktails and Wines and Wine Service
- Use of Specialised Equipment
- Hygiene and Safety Procedures
- Beer: Types, Service and Sales
Note: Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
MTU: Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
Online application is open for course commencement 12th September 2022.
Please upload your CV, Transcript of results or documents to the online application form.
This course will be filled on a first come first served basis so it is important to read and follow the below instructions correctly.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email registrationCork@mtu.ie for assistance.