Gourmet Culinary Techniques (Certificate)
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
7th February 2020
This hands-on course provides skills and knowledge in the areas of cooking, enabling them to produce safe, nutritious and wholesome foods. The student will learn different techniques and processes associated with culinary hot and cold dishes from both traditional Irish and International Cuisines.
Tourism & Hospitality
This course commences in September and will take place on one evening per week per semester, consisting of a 4 hour practical class each evening from 6pm to 10pm.
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2019-2020 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
For more information on Fees, please visit fees/students
Course Fee: €550, In addition, a €60 fee for the necessary work uniform is required.
Module Code: HOSP6125
- Knife skills
- Buying/ torage techniques
- Salads and Dressings
- Vegetarian Cooking
- Meat and Fish Preparation and Cooking
- French cuisine
- Traditional Irish
- Plating Techniques
CIT: Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
Note: Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
- Online application is open for course commencing 13th February 2020.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay the course fee of €550 online if a place on a course is offered.
- Note: You will not be charged for applying for the programme by clicking the 'apply now' button, you are only asked to pay the course fee if a place is offered to you and you wish to accept it.
- Places are limited on this course and interviews may be held for participation.