Professional Bar Operations
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
30th September 2019
The aim of this course is to give participants an opportunity to increase their knowledge, skills and aptitude and to motivate them into becoming more competent bartenders.
Tourism & Hospitality
All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.
Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2018-2019 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.
Registration fees for professional bodies etc. are payable separately to these institutions. Students will be notified of their fees by email to their CIT email account and in all cases, course fees must be paid before attending lectures.
An Information/Registration session will take place on Tuesday 4th September from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance.
Module Code HOSP6012
Course Fee: €400
Location: CIT Bishopstown Campus
The course commences in September 2018 and is operated on one evening per week over the semester and consists of a 3 hour practical class each Tuesday evening from 6.30pm to 9.30pm.
This course aims to give participants an introduction to the knowledge, skills and aptitude necessary to become competent bartenders.
This is a hands-on course where the student will gain practical experience in class.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Attributes of the Professional Bartender
- Customer Care
- Basic Bar Legislation
- Service of Beverages: both alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Product Knowledge
- Cellar and Cold Room Equipment
- Cocktails and Wines and Wine Service
- Use of Specialised Equipment
- Hygiene and Safety Procedures
- Beer: Types, Service and Sales
Note: Modifications to the configuration of the course may take place in accordance with changing requirements.
Single Module Certification (5 ECTS credits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
- Online application is open for course commencing 17 September 2019.
- Please note that applicants will be required to pay the course fee of €400 online if a place on a course is offered.