Culinary Arts - Professional Chef Programme
Field of Study
Type of Course:
Type of Qualification:
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
31st August 2021 through Springboard+
This course is designed for upskilling/advanced skilling purposes and suitable for any candidate currently working at commis chef/chef de partie level.
- Applicants must have already completed 60 credits (ECTS) of prior formal learning at level 6.
- Applicants will be required to have completed 60 ECTS, Level 6 Certificate in Culinary Arts/Culinary Skills, or equivalent.
- Eligible applications will be ranked on the basis of academic merit.
Tourism & Hospitality
The aim of the programme is to provide learners with the knowledge and advanced skills and competencies necessary for a successful and progressive career in the culinary arts sector.
Learners will be taught essential practical skills underpinned with the academic knowledge required of a modern day professional chef.
Delivery & Duration
Location: MTU Bishopstown Campus, Cork.
Classroom, Blended delivery.
This programme runs on Mondays and Tuesdays, 9am to 6pm (September to December, and February to May)
Formal classes start week commencing 20th September.
Higher Certificate in Arts in Culinary Arts (60 ECTS, Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
- This 60 ECTS Special Purpose Award is offered through Springboard+
- Online application is open for the Employed, Unemployed, and Returners who meet the eligibility criteria at the time of course commencement.
- Visit: Am I Eligible For a Springboard+ Course? at https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
- Places are limited for this course. Eligible candidates will be considered on a first come first served basis. Once the course is full, online applications will close for the course.
- If you are eligible for Springboard funding please apply at the following link